Pages

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Roasted Summer Squash Pasta

This is another simple summer time recipe.  Summer squash is all over the farmers' markets and I love to roast my veggies.  I used my toaster oven to roast the squash.  This roasted summer squash pasta dish is great served warm, at room temperature, or cold.  I love how the mozzarella melts when you eat it warm though.  The basil gives a great fresh taste.  I've already had this dish for dinner last night and the leftovers for lunch today.  Enjoy!  

P.S.  I have a sick doggie (Ellie) this week so I probably won't have as much time to cook.  Poor Ellie is on medicine and a special food diet for a few days.  Also I have some upcoming trips so I'll be out of town for fun and for work soon!  Happy Summer!

 
Roasted Summer Squash Pasta

Ingredients
½ pound rotini pasta (about half a box)
1 yellow squash (straight or crookneck)
4 slices fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into strips
2 tablespoons olive oil
salt and pepper
basil leaves, chopped (optional)

 
Directions

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.

Cook pasta according to package directions.  Drain well.

Slice squash into thin half circles.   

Line a baking sheet with foil.   Place squash on baking sheet.  Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.  Toss to coat evenly.


Roast squash for about 20 to 25 minutes.  Turn squash slices halfway through roasting.

 
In a large bowl, add squash to pasta.   Stir in sliced mozzarella.   Top with fresh basil leaves.  Season with additional salt and pepper if desired.   




 
Serve warm or cold.