Pages

Monday, March 26, 2012

Dinner at Seasons 52

Congratulations to my brother, Stephen, and his wife, Crystal!  This past weekend was my brother's wedding and I am so happy to have a great sister-in-law!  On Friday, we had the rehearsal dinner at Seasons 52 (http://www.seasons52.com/) and I had never been there before.  We went to their Tysons Corner location inside the mall and had a private dining room for our group.  We had 4 tables of 12 in our room!  The restaurant has a nice upscale vibe despite being inside a shopping mall.  Their menu is really interesting, since nothing on their menu (http://www.seasons52.com/menu/default.asp) is over 475 calories.

I took pictures of the food with my iphone and had posted on my twitter, you can check them out here.
 
Here are more details of our private group dinner menu.

Signature Flatbread Appetizers:
Garlic Chicken Flatbread
Steak & Crimini Mushroom Flatbread

Salad:
Organic Mixed Greens Salad

Dinner Entrees, served family-style:
Wood-Roasted Pork Tenderloin
Cedar Plank Salmon
Oak-Grilled Filet Mignon

Sides:
Vegetable Bouquetiere - This came with roasted sweet carrots and asparagus.  I love any vegetable that is roasted!

Dessert:
Season 52's Award-Winning Mini Indulgences - individual servings of classic desserts, some examples were:  Key Lime Pie, Old Fashioned Carrot Cake, Rocky Road, Chocolate Peanut Butter Mousse, Mocha Macchiato, Raspberry-Mango Cheesecake, Red Velvet Cake, and Pecan Pie.

Their signature flatbreads were amazing!  Our table devoured the two types of flatbreads that were offered to us.  The Grilled Steak and Cremini Mushroom Flatbread had spinach and blue cheese, and it was warm and crispy.  The Garlic Chicken Flatbread had balsamic red onions, roasted red peppers and Mozzarella cheese and had a nice flavor.  If I had to pick a favorite, it would be the steak and crimini flatbread.  Only because I don't normally love blue cheese, but I loved it in this dish.  I can't wait to try some of their other flatbreads next time I visit Seasons 52.

The organic mixed greens salad came with toasted sunflower seeds, tomatoes, cucumbers and a white balsamic vinaigrette.  I didn't love the salad but I enjoyed it.  I really liked the toasted sunflower seeds.  Maybe if the salad had more dressing, I would have liked it better.

The dinner entrees were served family-style, so we had large portions of everything.  Everyone at my table must have enjoyed the cedar plank salmon because we had to order another one!  It was served with roasted  potatoes.  The salmon was cooked perfectly and the potatoes were nice and crispy.


The oak-grilled filet mignon was served over a Yukon gold garlic mashed potatoes and roasted mushrooms.  The filet mignon was cooked medium-rare and it was tender, juicy, and delicious.

The wood-roasted pork tenderloin was served over a herb polenta with cremini mushrooms and a shallot-Dijon glaze.  The pork tenderloin was also cooked medium-rare, but I tend to favor pork cooked medium-well.  I loved the polenta, it was creamy and light.


When the waiter brought the plate of mini desserts, we were all in heaven!   Since my table was so awesome, we shared our mini desserts with each other so everyone can try each flavor.  Basically everyone took a bite and passed it down to the person sitting next to them.  Some of my favorites were the Key Lime Pie, Carrot Cake, Red Velvet Cake, Mocha Macchiato and Pecan Pie.  We might have ordered a few extra desserts still :)

Overall, Seasons 52 was a great restaurant for a celebration!  The staff provided excellent service, they were attentive and constantly refilled our drinks.  I can't wait to go back to Seasons 52 again!