Pages

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Jazzed Up Jiffy Cornbread Muffins


I love cornbread and I always have atleast 1 or 2 boxes of "Jiffy" corn muffin mix in my kitchen.  Cornbread would go great with yesterday's leftover chili for dinner tonight.  I decided to jazz up the mix with some scallions and cheese.  They smelled delicious baking in the oven and are great served warm.

 
Ingredients
1 package of “Jiffy” corn muffin mix
1 egg
1/3 cup milk
¼ cup scallions, thinly sliced
¼ cup shredded cheese (I used a Mexican blend of cheddar, montery jack, colby and mozzarella cheeses.)

 
Directions

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.  Grease a muffin pan with cooking spray.  Slice scallions thinly.  Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl and blend well.   Let batter stand for 3-4 minutes and stir again.  Pour into prepared pan.  Bake 15 minutes.   



Yielded 11 muffins.

 This was my dinner tonight, leftover chili, topped with cheese and fritos, and cornbread :)  Delish!