Pages

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Pesto Pizza


If you like pesto and pizza, you will definitely like this pesto pizza!  I always have a batch of homemade pizza dough in the freezer and I just took it out the night before to defrost for dinner time the next day.  I also used my favorite pesto sauce from Costco.  This pesto pizza is quick and simple, especially if you already have the ingredients on hand.  You can also use a store bought pizza dough, I have heard that Trader Joe's has a good one but I haven't tried it yet.  Enjoy!

Pesto Pizza
Ingredients
1 batch homemade pizza dough (recipe here)
2 – 3 tablespoons pesto sauce (I used Kirkland’s brand from Costco.)
10 slices fresh mozzarella
1 tablespoon olive oil


Directions

Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.

Grease baking sheet with 1 tablespoon olive oil.

Roll out dough and press down onto a greased baking sheet. 

Spoon pesto sauce onto rolled out pizza dough.


Lay mozzarella slices evenly on top.


Bake for 18-20 minutes, until edges of dough are crisp and cheese is melted.


Serves 4.