Pages

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Salmon Teriyaki


I love this dish; it is one of my favorite ways to prepare salmon.  I serve it over plain white rice and it is delicious.  The rice soaks up the teriyaki sauce and gives the rice great flavor.  How simple is that?  This is a recipe that you can make on a weeknight since it doesn't take long to marinate the salmon and it cooks quickly.  I made the rice and salmon teriyaki all in under an hour.  I love this dish and I hope you will too.  Enjoy! 


Salmon Teriyaki

Ingredients
1 pound boneless salmon fillets (I used Trader Joe’s Wild Alaskan Sockeye Salmon.)
½ cup soy sauce (I used low sodium.)
1/8 cup honey
1 tablespoon lemon juice
½ teaspoon ginger, minced
1 or 2 garlic cloves, minced


Directions

In an 8x8 inch baking dish, whisk together soy sauce, honey, lemon juice, ginger, and garlic.


Place salmon fillets, skin side up, in baking dish to marinate in sauce for at least 15 minutes and up to 30 minutes.  Cover with plastic wrap.


Preheat oven to broiler setting (usually at 500 degrees F.)

Lightly oil a baking sheet.

Place salmon, skin side down, on baking sheet.  Broil for 10 to 15 minutes.

Brush salmon a few times with the leftover marinade.  

If the salmon separates into flakes, it's done.  Remove the skin while the fish is hot.


Serves 2.