Pages

Sunday, May 5, 2013

Cavanna Pasta


Last week was the first week of the Crystal City Farmer's Market and my favorite pasta stand, Cavanna Pasta, was there!  I couldn't believe it because Cavanna Pasta used to be at another farmer's market that I went to near my old apartment.  Also, the same guy runs the stand and he remembered me and its been about a year since I last saw him!  He even asked me how the dogs were so I guess Buddy and Ellie are memorable too.  If you happen to go to the Crystal City Farmer's Market (on Tuesdays 3pm-7pm), I would check out this pasta stand.  They sell raviolis, gnocchi, sauces and even meatballs.  I have tried their eggplant parmesan and lasagna before too and they are delicious. 

I bought the Tagliatelle pasta, which is one of my favorite types of pasta.  It comes frozen at the farmer’s market so it’s easy to store at home.  You can keep it frozen or in the refrigerator.  I was told if you store it in the refrigerator, you should open the lid a little bit so there is no condensation and the pasta remains dry.


It takes only 2 to 3 minutes to cook in boiling water.  Quick and easy!


I also got the Vodka sauce and it is amazing.  It is also frozen and defrosts easily in the refrigerator.  I reheat the sauce in the same pot after I drained the pasta.  I add the pasta back in the pot and toss it gently in the sauce to coat the pasta.  


Serve with a little parmesan cheese if desired and dinner is ready!