Pages

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Green Chopsticks Potstickers

I am always a sucker for samples at Costco.  If I try something I like at Costco, I end up buying it.  That’s how I ended up with these Green Chopsticks frozen potstickers.  They are fully cooked and only takes a few minutes to heat up.  According to the package, they are all natural with no preservatives or MSG added.  I choose the savory pork gyoza dumplings.
They are filled with the following listed ingredients:
Savory Pork
Onion
Shiitake Mushroom
Sweet Potato Noodle
Leek
Garlic
Ginger
Here are the directions of various ways to heat the frozen potstickers:
Boil – Heat water to a rapid boil and place dumplings into the boiling water for approximately 1 to 2 minutes.
Fry – Heat 2 teaspoons of oil in frying pan.  Heat approximately 2 to 3 minutes or until golden brown.
Microwave – Cover with a damp paper towel and heat on high for 1 to 2 minutes or until hot.
I choose to pan fry a few of them, just be careful of any hot oil splashing!
I made a simple dipping sauce with just soy sauce, rice vinegar and some thinly sliced scallions.  You can also add grated ginger, minced garlic or even sesame oil to your dipping sauce.   
This could be an easy light dinner, or an appetizer/snack. 
I hope you can find these in the frozen section of your Costco too!