Pages

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Roasted Indian Brussels Sprouts


Brussels sprouts is my favorite adult vegetable because it wasn't something I ever had as a kid.  These Roasted Indian Brussels Sprouts are inspired by the Indian spices I already had.  For a simple meatless Monday recipe, I served the Roasted Indian Brussels Spouts over quinoa and brown rice.  I love these packets of organic quinoa and brown rice by Seeds of Change that I got at Costco.  They are great for a quick meal and you can microwave the quinoa and brown rice in its own packet, so they are perfect to keep at work too.  

Roasted Indian Brussels Sprouts

Ingredients
1 pound brussels sprouts, ends trimmed and halved
1 teaspoon garam masala
1 teaspoon tandoori masala
1 teaspoon minced ginger
2 to 3 tablespoons olive oil


Directions

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.

In a bowl, combine brussels sprouts with garam maslas, tandoori masla, ginger and olive oil.  Toss to coat.
Place coated brussels sprouts on a baking sheet.

Bake for 20 minutes.  Turn brussels sprouts halfway through baking time.


Serves 4.