Pages

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Spicy Sesame Peanut Noodles


If you have been following my blog, you know how often I've made sesame noodles or peanut noodles or a combination of both.  This time I made it spicy!  I adapted this Spicy Sesame Peanut Noodles recipe from Nigella Lawson's Sesame Peanut Noodles recipe.  I'm actually not a big fan of overly spicy foods but these Spicy Sesame Peanut Noodles are the perfect amount of spice.  I was just also thinking of friends I know who have nut allergies and I might try using tahini in place of nut butters next time.  Enjoy this new spicy version of sesame peanut noodles!


Spicy Sesame Peanut Noodles

Ingredients
1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 garlic clove, minced
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
2 tablespoon lemon juice (or lime)
½ pound cooked pasta (I used linguine.)
bell pepper, sliced
sesame seeds, roasted


Directions

In a bowl, whisk together the peanut butter, vegetable oil, garlic, soy sauce, sesame oil, sweet chili sauce and lemon juice until well blended.


Add spicy sesame peanut sauce to cooked pasta and toss to coat everything well.  Add in bell pepper.


Top with sesame seeds.


Serve immediately warmed or serve chilled.