Pages

Sunday, March 3, 2013

Mini Meatloaves


I actually like meatloaf, kind of weird right?  I never ate meatloaf as a kid because it just wasn't something my Chinese mother would make for dinner.  But the thing about making meatloaf is that it takes an hour to bake.  This is where I came up with making mini meatloaves with my muffin tin.  Anything in a mini form is always better right?  Just like me!  Haha!  I guess you would only get this joke if you actually know me in person because I am sized petite 0.  So yes, mini is always better!  I also happened to have shopped at Whole Foods recently so these mini meatloaves are made with grass-fed ground beef and cage-free raised without antibiotic eggs.  Enjoy these mini meatloaves!

 
Mini Meatloaves

Ingredients
1.5 pounds lean ground beef
1 egg
½ cup breadcrumbs
½ cup onions, diced
¼ cup ketchup
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
½ teaspoon granulated garlic
1 packet Lipton onion soup mix
½ cup water



Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  Spray a 12-cup muffin tin with non-stick spray.

In a bowl, mix ground beef, egg, breadcrumbs, onions, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, onion soup mix, and water until combined.


Form each mini meatloaf into balls and place in prepared muffin tin.


Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until done (internal meat temperature should be 160 degrees F).


Makes 12 mini meatloaves.