Pages

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Strawberry Bundt Cake


This strawberry bundt cake is scrumptious!  I love strawberry season and this cake was very simple to make.  I even pulled out my KitchenAid mixer from my hall closet.  Yes, I keep it in the closet since I don't use it much.  I have the Professional 600 6-Quart mixer, and I realized how great it is when I finally used it, so maybe I will leave it on my counter and start baking more.  My coworkers might like that since I brought this cake in to share!  Enjoy!



Strawberry Bundt Cake
Ingredients
3 cups all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
1 and ¾ sticks unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
1 ½ cups sugar
4 eggs
½ cup plain greek yogurt
½ cup buttermilk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 ½ cups strawberries, diced

 
Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  Grease and lightly flour a 10-inch bundt pan.


In a bowl, whisk together dry ingredients – flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.  Set aside.


Using a stand mixer (with paddle attachment), cream together butter and sugar together at medium speed.  (You can use a hand mixer if you don’t have a stand mixer.)


Beat in eggs one at a time and scrape down sides of bowl with spatula as needed.


In a small bowl, mix together yogurt, buttermilk and vanilla. 


Turn mixer to low speed, alternate beating in the flour mixture and yogurt mixture.

Once batter is completely mixed, gently fold in strawberries.


Place batter into bundt pan.  Bake for about 60 minutes. 


Cool cake in pan for about 10 to 15 minutes.  Then turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely.



Once cake has fully cooled, you may dust the top with a sprinkle of powdered sugar.