Pages

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Santa Fe Chicken Burritos

-->
I had all this shredded chicken from my Slow Cooker Santa Fe Chicken recipe and I wanted to make burritos to freeze for future meals.  I already stocked several burritos in the freezer at my office so I can have them for lunches.  These are easy to assemble and didn't take me long at all.  I actually made the chicken and rice the day before I assembled the burritos so the filling wasn't hot.  I was able to wrap them up immediately with foil and put them in the freezer.  Easy peasy!  The burritos are great served with sour cream and lately I have been substituting plain greek yogurt for sour cream.

 
Santa Fe Chicken Burritos

Ingredients
1 batch Santa Fe Chicken  (recipehere)
8 to 10 large flour tortillas (burrito size)
2 cups shredded cheese (I used cheddar.)
4 cups cooked rice (I used plain, white rice)



Directions

Warm tortillas according to package directions. 

Spoon about ¼ to ½ cup rice down center of tortillas. 


Top rice with about ¼ to ½ cup shredded chicken.

Sprinkle cheese on top.  


Fold tortilla into a burrito.


 
I was able to make 9 burritos but you could make more if you want to use smaller tortillas.

 
To freeze, allow burritos to cool if using warmed ingredients.  Wrap each burrito tightly with foil.  Place foiled burritos in large freezer bags.  (I label the bag beforehand with what type of burrito and date.) 

 
To reheat from frozen, remove foil and microwave on high for 3 minutes.  You could also place the foiled burrito in the toaster oven at 350 degrees F for about 20 minutes.