Pages

Monday, August 27, 2012

Eating and Shopping in NYC - Part I


I visited my cousin, Cathy from Petite Therapy, in Brooklyn and New York City this weekend.  We spent the day shopping in SoHo on Friday and tried the new Chobani SoHo Cafe, a yogurt bar!   I tried the Peanut Butter + Jelly, which has peanut butter, jelly, grapes and peanuts. My cousin tried the Toasted Coconut + Pineapple, which has pineapple, toasted coconut, hazelnuts and light agave.   They were both delicious and made a perfect afternoon snack.  I wish Chobani will open a Chobani DC Cafe next!


On Saturday, we had lunch at Momofuku Ssam Bar in East Village.   My friend Heather is a chef there and we were able to try several dishes.  My favorite dish were the steamed pork buns; the pork was cooked perfectly.  My cousin actually said she doesn’t like steamed buns but admitted that these steamed pork buns were her favorite too.  We tried the seasonal pickles, fried duck dumplings and duck duck noodles .   For dessert, we had the corn ice cream pie which is from Momofuku Milk Bar, so visit them for their desserts.   Next time I’m back in NYC, I want to try the bo ssam, a whole pork butt and meal for larger groups, which you need to make reservations for.

 Steamed Pork Buns
 Fried Duck Dumplings, Duck Duck Noodles and Pickled Vegetables
 Corn Ice Cream Pie

Can you believe that my cousin and I actually ate all that food for lunch?  So of course after lunch, we walk all the way up to CentralPark and The Metropolitan Museum of Art (aka The Met).   We ended up walking 82 blocks and 4 avenues, which is about 4 miles!  This took a few hours but we were able to just stroll and shop.  We made a stop at Starbucks and also checked out HenriBendel, an upscale women’s specialty store.  

Central Park


Beautiful views from my cousin's rooftop


To be continued with Eating and Shopping in NYC - Part II ...