Pages

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Eating and Shopping in NYC - Part II

Here's Part II of visiting my cousin, Cathy from Petite Therapy, in Brooklyn and New York City this weekend. 

Rooftop View of River and City

Continuing into Saturday night, my cousin and I met up with my friend Heather for dinner at Market Table in West Village.  We shared the heirloom tomato salad and the homemade cavatelli.  Both were delicious, I love heirloom tomatoes and homemade pasta is always a plus!  For my entrée, I got the halibut, my cousin got the angus strip loin and Heather got the whole grilled bronzino.  Of course we also had dessert and shared the local peach pie with sour cream gelato and crème fraiche panna cotta with cherries, port wine and black pepper shortbread cookies.  My cousin has loved panna cotta ever since we had it in Italy last year, but she said this panna cotta wasn’t the same.  The peach pie was good but the sour cream gelato was amazing!  Overall, this was a great dinner with great company.

 Clockwise from Top Right:  Angus Strip Loin, Halibut, Branzino, and Dessert

On Sunday morning, my cousin and I visited the Dekalb Market in downtown Brooklyn.  This market is made out of salvaged shipping containers.  We both got iced coffees at Joe Coffee and breakfast sandwiches at Cheeky Sandwiches.  The breakfast sandwiches were buttermilk biscuits with egg, bacon and cheese.  The buttermilk biscuit was so good.  I also picked up a few cupcakes from Robicellis bakery to share with my brother and sister-in-law.   I got one cupcake each of the Pumpkin Spice Latte, Abuelita and Lime in the Coconut.  Each cupcake was delicious but my favorite was the Abeulita, which has the Mexican chocolate.  My brother also mentioned how moist the pumpkin spice latte cupcake was too.  Sorry I didn't get a picture of the cupcakes, we ate them before I even thought about it!

 Cheeky Breakfast Sandwich

Thank you Cathy for a fun weekend!  It makes me think I could actually live in NYC if I ever had to move there, because there are so many things to do and see as well as great places to eat.