Pages

Sunday, August 26, 2012

Slow Cooker Mustard Maple Chicken

I made a Mustard Maple Chicken recipe before but not a slow cooker version before.  I really enjoyed the oven version so I think the slow cooker mustard maple chicken should turn out well.  The only change I made was to use red wine vinegar in the slow cooker recipe and not rice vinegar as in the oven version.  I made this for my pregnant friend as a make ahead meal/freezer meal, so I can't tell you how it will turn out yet.  I promise to include an update once I hear from her about this recipe!


Update:  I was told by my friend's husband that this chicken turned out great!

Slow Cooker Mustard Maple Chicken

Ingredients
1 pound chicken (I used 2 large chicken breasts)
½ cup Dijon mustard
¼ cup maple syrup
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar


Directions

In a bowl, mix together Dijon mustard, maple syrup and vinegar.



Add chicken into a freezer bag and pour sauce into bag.  Mix together sauce and chicken in bag with hands.


Freeze until ready to cook in slow cooker.  I would suggest defrosting the night before to cook in slow cooker the next morning.

Cook on low for 3 to 4 hours or on high for 1 ½ to 2 ½ hours, until chicken is cooked through.

Serves 2.