Pages

Sunday, April 7, 2013

Baked Avocado Eggs

 
I have seen eggs baked in avocados featured in so many food blogs and I finally tried it.  I made these Baked Avocado Eggs just last month for St. Patrick's Day breakfast so I am way behind on this post.  It is super easy and definitely better than I expected.  The avocado is creamy and the egg is silky, but the melted cheese on top is crispy, giving a slight bite.  I used a shredded swiss cheese but you can use whatever you have at home.  Top with a few dashes of your favorite hot sauce and these Baked Avocado Eggs were perfectly delicious.  So overall a great, simple dish and you can serve this at a brunch and pretend to be fancy haha.  Sorry I'm way behind on blog posts these days, but I'm trying to keep up, enjoy!



Baked Avocado Eggs

Ingredients
1 avocado
1 egg
shredded cheese
salt and pepper


Directions

Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.  (I used my toaster oven.)

Crack egg in a small bowl and whisk.


Slice avocado in half and take out the pit.

Place avocado halves on baking pan.   Pour eggs in each avocado half.


Top with shredded cheese.  Season with salt and pepper.


Bake for about 15 minutes.


Note:  You can place an egg in each avocado half if you scoop out some of the flesh of the avocado so the egg won’t overflow.  I just split an egg instead.