Pages

Sunday, April 14, 2013

Mediterranean Chicken Salad


I had the best Mediterranean Chicken Salad at Restaurant Mez (one of my previous birthday eats).  I knew I could recreate this salad at home and I did it!  I literally have been making and eating this salad daily.  To make things easier, I prep all the ingredients ahead of time (like the grilled chicken).  This has been the perfect salad for all the warm weather we've been getting in DC because I haven't felt like cooking any hot meals for dinner lately.  This is not only a beautiful salad, its absolutely delicious and healthy.  I love the red wine vinaigrette with this salad especially since that is how they serve it at Restaurant Mez.  Enjoy!


Mediterranean Chicken Salad

Ingredients
1 bag of salad mix  (I used romaine or spring mix.)
2 chicken breasts, grilled and sliced into bite-site pieces
¼ cup kalamata olives, pitted and halved
¼ cup fresh mozzarella cheese, bocconcini (small balls)
½ pint grape tomatoes, halved
1 seedless cucumber, sliced and quartered
1 apple, diced (I used a fuji apple.)
Red wine vinaigrette (or your favorite salad dressing)
½ cup whole wheat croutons (optional)


Directions

Combine ingredients in a bowl.


Toss salad with red wine vinaigrette (or your favorite salad dressing).


Serves 4.