Pages

Thursday, April 11, 2013

Red Wine Vinaigrette


The weather in DC has been beautiful all week and I've been walking the dogs for 2 miles every day after work.  I do have to admit my AC wasn't turned on the last few days (its a main switch in my building) and it was super hot in my apartment so I've been MIA.  Luckily it got turned on this morning and I can finally be comfortable again.  I have to share this Red Wine Vinaigrette, it is my new favorite salad dressing!  It is best to use a really good extra-virgin olive oil, not the cheap stuff.  I usually have at least 2 different olive oils; a cheaper one for cooking and a good one for salad dressings or dips.  That is a little tip for a great salad dressing in case you were wondering.  Not only is this red wine vinaigrette super easy to make, you don't even have to stir it.  I put all the ingredients in a glass jar and shake it up to mix - don't forget the lid before shaking haha!  I love this dressing with my other new favorite salad, a Mediterranean chicken salad (pictured below and recipe to be posted soon too).  Enjoy!




Red Wine Vinaigrette

Ingredients
¼ cup red wine vinegar
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1 garlic clove, minced
2/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon ground black pepper


Directions

In a small bowl, whisk together all ingredients.

You may also place all ingredients in a glass jar with a screw-on lid.  Tighten lid and shake it up before serving.


Store in refrigerator for up to 3 days if not serving immediately.