Pages

Monday, October 15, 2012

Guacamole


I love a good guacamole and this recipe is one I typically follow.  You could easily adjust it to your own tastes.  If you want spicy guacamole, use jalapeno peppers.  I am a wimp and don't eat anything too spicy so I used some mini (not spicy) peppers I already had.  If you don't have any peppers, add in some Tabasco sauce, my favorite is the Green Jalapeno Pepper Sauce.  It is not too spicy but it is not mild either, it is just right.  Make this guacamole for your next football watching party!  Hail to the Redskins (HTTR)! Yup, that's my team!


Guacamole

Ingredients
5 ripe avocados, halved, seeded and peeled
2 roma tomatos, diced
½ cup diced red onions
2 peppers, seeded and diced (I used mini peppers but use jalapeƱos for spice).
½ teaspoon cumin
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 tablespoon lemon or lime juice


Directions

In a bowl, add in avocados and lemon or lime juice to coat avocadoes.


Mash avocados with a fork. 


Stir in tomatoes, onions and peppers.


Stir in cumin, salt and pepper.


Cover with plastic wrap, be sure to place the plastic wrap directly on top of the guacamole to prevent it from browning.


Store in fridge until ready to serve. 

Serve with tortilla chips.