Pages

Friday, October 12, 2012

Pizza Dough 2

I haven't made pizza in awhile and I wanted to tweak the pizza dough recipe I typically use.  This dough came out well and was great for making a thinner crust too.  I was able to roll out half the dough to make a pizza the size of my large baking sheet.  I froze the other half of the pizza dough to use another time.  You can freeze any leftover dough in a freezer safe plastic bag.  Just defrost in the fridge the night before and the pizza dough will be ready by the time its dinner time.  I made a veggie pizza with this dough, and I will share that recipe tomorrow.

 
Pizza Dough 2

Ingredients
2 ¼ teaspoons yeast
1 cup warm water (105 to 115 degrees F.)
½ teaspoon sugar
3 cups all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon salt


Directions

In a small bowl, mix together the warm water and yeast.  Set aside for about 10 minutes, it will get foamy.  Stir in sugar, olive oil and salt.


In a stand mixer with dough attachment, add in flour and yeast mixture.  Mix on low to medium speed until a ball of dough forms, about 5 minutes.


-->
Grease a large bowl with olive oil and place the dough in it. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise at room temperature until doubled in size, 1 to 2 hours.



Punch down the dough with your hand.   


Turn the dough out onto a surface dusted with flour.   Halve dough and roll out with a floured rolling pin.


Makes 2 pizzas.