Pages

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Mini Chicken Shepherd's Pie


I love using leftovers to create new dishes and that is exactly how I came up with this Mini Chicken Shepherd's Pie recipe.  I used extra chicken pot pie filling from my Chicken Pot Pie with Cornbread Crust recipe.  I topped it with leftover mashed red potatoes and some shredded cheese.  This is great comfort food.  I don't know what I loved more, the shepherd's pie or the pot pie! 



Mini Chicken Shepherd’s Pie

Ingredients
2 cups chicken pot pie filling (click here for recipe)
1 cup mashed potatoes
½ cup cheese, shredded (cheddar or cheddar blend)

Directions

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.

Spoon chicken mixture into 2 mini loaf pans.   My mini loaf pans are about 5 x 3 inch.

Top chicken mixture with mashed potatoes.


Top mashed potatoes with shredded cheese.

Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until bubbly.


Waiting patiently...Buddy and Ellie must have thought the mini chicken shepherd's pies were for them!