Pages

Sunday, January 20, 2013

Easy Fried Rice


Whenever I'm hungry and want something quick, I can always count on this Easy Fried Rice.  It is one of my go-to-meals when I don't want to spend too much time cooking.  Somehow I always have leftover rice in the fridge - which is a key ingredient to fried rice.  If you use fresh rice, it will be too sticky so leftover rice is a must.  Fried rice is a chinese dish that is made with leftovers, so you can throw it in whatever you want.  Also if you don't have oyster sauce that is okay, you don't really need it, but I like it since my grandmother used to add it to her fried rice.  My grandmother passed away several years ago but I have some great memories of her making my brother and I her fried rice.  She would also add in diced chinese roast pork and chinese sausage to her fried rice, but that is not something I always have.   Hope you make this easy fried rice soon!



Easy Fried Rice

Ingredients
2 to 3 cups leftover rice
2 eggs
½ cup onions, diced
1 clove garlic, minced
1 cup frozen mixed vegetables
2 – 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
1 tablespoon oyster sauce
1 tablespoon vegetable oil


Directions

Heat oil in a large skillet (or wok) over medium-high heat.  Add onions and garlic.  Cook for a few minutes until onions are softened.


Next, stir in rice.  


Next, stir in vegetables and add in soy sauce and oyster sauce.


Add in one egg at a time and stir.  Allow egg to lightly scramble.


Continue stirring until eggs are completed cooked.


Serves 2.