Pages

Sunday, January 13, 2013

Ham and Swiss Omelet


This was probably the best omelet I have ever made!  I actually watched a youtube video to see how an omelet is properly made.  Click here to see the video I watched.  I didn't follow the exact recipe for her omelet, but used what I had already.  I followed her technique on how to cook the omelet.  It really was easier than I thought it would be.  I love that you can eat an omelet for any meal since it is so filling.  I made it for lunch this weekend and it was so good.  Enjoy!


Ham and Swiss Omelet

Ingredients
3 eggs
2 tablespoons water or milk
2 slices ham, diced
¼ cup shredded swiss cheese
1 tablespoon butter
pinch of salt
pinch of black pepper


Directions

In a bowl, whisk together eggs, water, salt and black pepper.


In a small non-stick skillet, melt 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat.

Add egg mixture to skillet and allow to cook for 1 minute.  

Lift edges of omelet with a spatula to allow uncooked egg mixture to flow underneath.  Allow to cook additional 2 to 3 minutes, until almost set.

Flip omelet over and top with ham and cheese.  Allow to cook for 1 minute.
Carefully using spatula, roll omelet into thirds (French style) or fold omelet in half.

Serve immediately.