Pages

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Freezer Slow Cooker Mustard Maple Chicken


My brother and sister-in-law are expecting their first baby anytime now and I wanted to give them a few frozen slow cooker meals to help them out.  They are also doing a full kitchen renovation at the same time so slow cooker meals are going to be perfect for them.  This was a hit when I made it for my friend Ashley when she had her baby last summer.  The only change I made to my first Slow Cooker Mustard Maple Chicken recipe was I added thyme.  You can also add rosemary if you have that instead.  I think those flavors would go great with this dish.  This is the first recipe of a total of 4 freezer slow cooker meals that I made, enjoy!

Note:  I halved the portions and placed 2 chicken breasts in a 1 quart freezer bag.



Freezer Slow Cooker Mustard Maple Chicken 

Ingredients
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
½ cup Dijon mustard
¼ cup maple syrup
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
½ teaspoon thyme, dried (or rosemary)

Directions

In a bowl, mix together mustard, maple syrup, red wine vinegar and thyme.

Add chicken to sauce.

Place in plastic freezer bags.  Label bags.

Defrost in fridge the night before cooking in slow cooker.  Cook on low 6 to 8 hours or on high 3 to 4 hours