Pages

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Buffalo Chicken Pizza


I was craving buffalo chicken pizza after eating it at Ledo's not too long ago with friends.  Ledo Pizza is one of my favorite local pizza places in the DC metro area.  They first opened in 1955 in Adelphi, Maryland which is near University of Maryland, College Park - my alma mater!  I ate at the original Ledo back when I was in college but there is one near me in DC that delivers, how cool is that?  I thought I would try making my own Buffalo Chicken Pizza and it turned out great.  I made sure my crust was thin and crispy, plus the provolone cheese is what makes the pizza extra special.  My sister-in-law once worked at a Ledo Pizza restaurant in the area and told me they used provolone cheese on their pizzas!  I drizzled some ranch dressing on top of my pizza too - be sure to try that because it makes it more awesome.  Enjoy!



Buffalo Chicken Pizza

Ingredients
1 batch homemade pizza dough (recipe here or use store bought)
1 cup shredded chicken, cooked (recipe here)
½ cup Frank’s Red Hot sauce
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1 cup shredded mozzarella provolone cheese
1 tablespoon olive oil
ranch dressing (optional)
blue cheese dressing (optional)


Directions

Drizzle olive oil on pizza stone.

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.   Place pizza stone in oven while preheating.

Roll out pizza dough to size of pizza stone.


In a bowl, mix together chicken, hot sauce and butter. 


Spread chicken mixture over rolled out pizza dough.


Top with shredded cheese.

Bake for 15 to 18 minutes, until edges of dough are crisp and cheese is melted.

Optional:  Serve with ranch dressing or blue cheese dressing on the side or drizzle on top of pizza.