Pages

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Avocado, Bacon, Lettuce, and Tomato (ABLT) Sandwich


I like BLT sandwiches, its a classic sandwich with bacon, lettuce and tomato.   You can't go wrong with bacon, but a BLT sandwich is even better with avocados. There you have an ABLT sandwich!  I love using avocados in a sandwich and my favorite sandwiches are always toasted.  I am also a fan of Hellman's Light Mayonnaise, it is the only mayo I will buy.  Did you know that Chik-Fil-A has packets of Hellman's Light Mayonnaise as one of their condiments?  Another reason I love Chik-Fil-A!  :)  But seriously, make yourself an ABLT sandwich soon - you won't regret it.

 
Ingredients

2 slices bread, toasted (I used whole wheat bread.)
2-3 slices bacon, cooked (Feel free to use turkey bacon too.)
1 roma tomato, sliced
½  avocado, sliced
lettuce (I used a spring salad mix)
2 tablespoons mayonnaise (I use Hellman’s Light Mayonnaise.)

 
Directions

Toast 2 slices of bread.  Spread 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise on each slice of bread.

 
Cook bacon.  (I cooked the bacon in the microwave - lay bacon slices on top of 2 paper towels, cover with another paper towel, and cook on high for 2-3 minutes.)  Slice avocado and tomato.


Place sliced avocado on top of 1 mayanoise-spreaded toasted bread.


Add bacon slices on top of avocado. You may need to cut the bacon in half.

 
Add lettuce on top of avocado.


Add slices of tomato on top of lettuce.

 
Top with remaining slice of mayanoise-spreaded toasted bread.


 
Enjoy!