Pages

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Maria Nutella Cookie Sandwiches


I have been traveling for work this week so I haven't had a chance to cook at all.  I just got back and was able to pick up Buddy and Ellie, my 2 doggies, last night.  I missed them and it was strange not being able to sleep next to Buddy (and Ellie sometimes).  Buddy is my snuggler while Ellie likes to sprawl out when sleeping, see how she sleeps on the couch!


I don't know why but I was craving Maria cookies with nutella.  I haven't had them in a long time and I went through a phase of eating Maria cookies all the time.  If you don’t know Maria cookies, you should check out the latino section of your grocery store and buy some. They are thin, lightly sweetened biscuits.  They taste similar to animal crackers.  My cousin first told me about these cookies when she lived in Puerto Rico and she got hooked.  It is apparently a popular snack in PR!  I have a coworker who is from PR who told me to try the Maria cookies with Nutella.  If you don't know Nutella, it is a hazelnut chocolate spread and it is delicious.  You should be able to buy Nutella at any grocery store, its even at Costco.  

Another plus is how inexpensive these cookies are, less than $1 for a 7oz pack of cookies.  These Maria Nutella Sandwich Cookies are so simple and delicious that I bet you will get addicted to them!

Maria cookies + Nutella = Easiest Best No Bake Cookie Sandwich!

 
Ingredients

Maria Cookies
Nutella


Directions

Spread a small spoonful of nutella onto one Maria cookie.  Top with a second Maria cookie and press together.




 Best snack ever!