Pages

Saturday, May 26, 2012

Easy Black Bean Brownies


The first time I ever had black bean brownies was when my friend Wendy made them for my birthday.  They were surprisingly delicious!  The brownies were moist and fudgy!  I had no idea you could use black beans in brownies.  Wendy got the recipe from Skinnytaste - a great food blog which I now follow.  I can't wait to try other recipes from Skinnytaste.  What I love about this recipe is that you only need 2 ingredients.  My favorite brownie mix is by Ghirardelli but all I had was the Market Pantry Fudge brownie mix that I got at Target recently, but they still came out great.  I had made these brownies last night for my other best friend Cindy's graduation party today, but during my rush this morning when leaving my place, I forgot them!  I am currently petsitting for my brother and his wife's 2 dogs, so I have 4 dogs during this long Memorial weekend.  Maybe I'll have to try to make another batch of brownies today...


 Tino is hiding under the tree...while Buddy and Tango are sunning themselves :)
Here is Ellie with Tango sniffing around the yard...they both chased a bird that flew over them too!

Ingredients
19.8 ounces package brownie mix
15.5 ounces can black beans

 
Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  Grease baking dish.


Drain can of black beans and rinse well until water runs clear. 


Put black beans back in the can and fill with water to top of can.

 
Put black beans and water in a food processer (or blender) and pulse until beans are pureed and smooth.

 
In a bowl, stir together brownie mix and pureed black beans until mixed well.

 
Pour brownie batter into greased baking dish (I used a 14x9 in baking dish).

 
Bake brownies according to your package directions.  I baked mine for 28 minutes. 

 
To cut warm brownies easily, use a plastic knife.  Cool and serve.  I was able to cut 24 brownies.


 So good!