Pages

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Roasted Lemon Garlic Broccoli


OMG, I love this broccoli dish!  The crispy garlic and lemon flavor really come together with the broccoli.  I could eat the entire bowl on my own.  It is so flavorful!  I adapted this recipe from Ina Garten aka Barefoot Contessa's parmesan-roasted broccoli.  Also, I know I just posted a recipe on broccolini yesterday but I bought 2 small bunches of broccoli today at the farmers market and I had to try Ina's roasted broccoli recipe.  It turned out fantastic!  You need to make this broccoli dish ASAP and you will not regret it!


  

Ingredients
2 small bunches of broccoli
2 garlic cloves, roughly sliced or minced
1 lemon
2 tablespoons olive oil
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon ground black pepper
parmesan cheese, grated (optional)

 
Directions

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.

Cut broccoli into florets.  Place broccoli florets onto a baking sheet.  (I cover my baking sheet with foil to make it easier to cleanup.) Toss with olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic.

 
Bake in oven for about 25 minutes, until lightly browned.  When done, next zest the lemon over the broccoli.  I only used the zest of about ½ the lemon. 


Cut lemon in half and squeeze juice of ½ lemon over the broccoli.  (Feel free to add more zest and/or lemon juice if you really like the flavor of lemon.)


Top with grated parmesan cheese if you want.  Serves 2-3.