Pages

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Slow Cooker Chicken Stoup

My friend Ashley shared a slow cooker recipe with me a couple weeks ago.  I decided to try it since I needed something simple to make after my travels.  Of course I had to tweak it since I didn't have all the ingredients and just made do with what I had.  I think next time I'll follow the recipe and try to get all the ingredients because it sounds delicious.  What I ended up making turned out to be a chicken stoup, a mix of a soup and stew.  I served it over plain white rice and topped with cheddar cheese and sliced green onions.  I added in a side salad to balance the meal.  You could eat it as is.  I would also be happy serving this over egg noodles too.  Scroll to the bottom for Ashley's original recipe, thanks Ash!

 
Slow Cooker Chicken Stoup

Ingredients
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 can chicken gravy
2 ½ cups chicken broth
½ cup corn, frozen
½ cup peas and carrots, frozen
1 potato, diced
½ cup milk
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 onion, chopped
1 teaspoon cumin
 
 
Directions

Place all ingredients into a slow cooker.  Cook on low for 8 hours or on high for 4 hours. 






 
Before serving, remove chicken from slow cooker and shred with two forks.  Place shredded chicken back into slow cooker.


 
Serve over white rice and top with shredded cheddar cheese and sliced green onions.



 
Enjoy!

Here is Ashley's original recipe that she sent to me:

Two chopped chicken breasts (we put them in whole and shredded them at
the end and dumped it back in)
1 can of condensed cream of chicken soup
2.5 cups of chicken broth
1.5 cup of corn
2 jalapeno peppers sliced
1 green bell pepper sliced
1.5cups of potatoes
1/2 cup milk
2 cloves garlic
1 onion chopped
1 tsp cumin

Top with crispy asian noodles and cheddar cheese.