Pages

Monday, July 16, 2012

S'mores Indoors

For those who are lucky and have fire pits or grills in their backyard, you can easily make s'mores outdoors.  But for someone like me living in the city and in an apartment building, I have to make do with s'mores indoors!  It is so easy if you have a toaster oven.  I am pretty sure you can make it in the microwave too but I haven't tried yet.  I recently bought chocolate mint marshmallows that I saw at Target because I couldn't resist.  (Note:  The chocolate mint marshmallows were actually smaller than the regular marshmallows for some reason.)  There are all these new flavors for marshmallows lately and this is my first time venturing on a flavored marshmallow.  It turned out so good for s'mores.  I made both the regular s'more and a chocolate minty s'more.  This is the perfect summer dessert if you want to have s'mores indoors!



S’mores Indoors
Ingredients
graham crackers
marshmallows
milk chocolate bars



Directions

*Using a toaster oven.

Line a baking pan with foil.

 
Place graham cracker on foil lined pan. 
 
Place a few bars of chocolate (about 3 bars) on top of the graham cracker.

Place a marshmallow (or 2) on top of the chocolate.


Toast for about 3 to 5 minutes until marshmallows are puffed and golden brown.

 
Top each marshmallow with a graham cracker.  Press together and take a bite!

 
Enjoy!