Pages

Monday, July 30, 2012

Simple Linguine and Clam Sauce

Sorry, I haven't had to cook in so long!  I have been out of town for over a week.  First I went to a bachelorette party and we had a great weekend in Ocean City and Dewey Beach.  It was so great seeing some of my college friends.  It was like living in my sorority house again :)  Next I was in Phoenix for a week to host a training event for work.  I had a good time even though it was 110 degrees!  Also, I went to a Diamondback game against the Mets; the baseball stadium is enclosed and air conditioned in Phoenix!  That is genius, it definitely made the game more enjoyable!  I will have to write another post about all the places I went out to eat at, they have some great restaurants in downtown Phoenix.  When I got home, I had to attend a wedding of a family friend the next night.  It has been crazy this month!  So now that I am finally home and settled, I had nothing in my fridge to eat so I had to figure out something from the pantry.  I had all the ingredients to make this simple linguine and clam sauce.  It was delicious and the best thing to make after a long trip.  

Here is a picture of the view from my seats along the 3rd base line inside Chase Field, the "indoor" baseball stadium in Phoenix.  Pretty cool right?


Now on to the food...



Simple Linguine and Clam Sauce
Ingredients
½ pound linguine pasta
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons white wine (I used Chardonnay.)
1 can minced clams, drained and juice reserved
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon parsley
¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
mozzarella or parmesan cheese (optional topping)

 
Directions

Cook linguine according to package directions.  Drain well.   Place cooked linguine back into pot.

 
In a small pan, over medium heat, add oil, butter, wine, clam juice, garlic, and parsley.   Stir and simmer for about 5 minutes.


 
Add clams and pepper.  (I didn’t add salt since the clam juice is salty.)


 
Pour clam sauce over pasta and toss to mix.

 
Top with shredded mozzarella cheese or parmesan cheese.


 
Serves 2 to 4.

My dogs already really missed me and I felt really bad leaving Ellie when she was sick too.  But she is now all better and following me around still.  Here is Buddy waiting in the hallway/kitchen, yup my suitcase is still in the hallway.


Here is Ellie waiting patiently in the dining room while I cook.  She can keep on eye on me when I'm in the kitchen.