Pages

Monday, September 10, 2012

Easy Grilled Vegetables


I was invited to my Aunt and Uncle's for a family BBQ this weekend and was asked to bring a side dish.  I brought my Sesame Noodles and some beautiful summer vegetables to grill.  I love any vegetable that gets grilled because grilling adds so much flavor.  The eggplant, zucchini, yellow squash, onion, and bell peppers were all purchased during my weekly visit to the Crystal City Farmers Market.  I brought the vegetables already sliced so they were ready to grill and easily done thanks to my Uncle.  

 
Easy Grilled Vegetables

Ingredients
1 eggplant
1 zucchini
2 yellow squash
1 onion
2 bell peppers
olive oil
salt and pepper to taste


Directions

Wash and dry vegetables.

For eggplant, zucchini, and yellow squash, slice ends and cut lengthwise into ¼ inch thick slices.



For onion, slice ends and cut into ¼ inch rings.


For peppers, cut into quarters and remove stem and seeds. 


Drizzle vegetables with olive oil to coat lightly.  Season with salt and pepper.


Grill vegetables over medium-high heat about 7 to 10 minutes.