Pages

Friday, September 28, 2012

Pumpkin Cupcakes with Maple Cream Cheese Frosting

These pumpkin cupcakes with maple cream cheese frosting were perfectly delicious and easy.  I cheated a little bit since I used a cake mix but I didn't add in the typical eggs, oil and water.  I only used a can of organic pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling) and spices.  The cupcakes were light and fluffy with a taste of pumpkin pie.   I loved the maple cream cheese frosting, not too sweet with a hint of maple syrup.  I brought these cupcakes to work for a coworker’s birthday and they were a hit!  In case you were also wondering, the cute polka dot cupcake liners are from Sur La Table.  Enjoy this wonderful taste of fall (my absolute favorite season)!


Pumpkin Cupcakes 
Printable Recipe

Ingredients
1 box cake mix (I used a white cake mix.)
15 ounce can pumpkin
½ teaspoon cinnamon
¼ teaspoon nutmeg
¼ teaspoon allspice
¼ teaspoon cloves
¼ teaspoon ginger (I used minced ginger because that is all I had.)


Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  Place cupcake liners in muffin pan.

In a bowl, mix all ingredients together until well blended.


Fill cupcake liners halfway with batter.


Bake for about 15 to 18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.


Cool and serve as is or with maple cream cheese frosting.  Store in the refrigerator.

For Maple Cream Cheese Frosting

Ingredients
8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
½ cup butter, at room temperature
2 tablespoons maple syrup
1 cup powdered sugar


Directions

In an electric stand mixer, beat cream cheese and butter until light and fluffy.  Slowly add in powdered sugar.  Beat in maple syrup at low speed.  

Chill until just firm enough to use, about 30 minutes.
I used a frosting bag with a piping tip to frost the cupcakes.  I place the frosting bag in a tall glass to make it easier to fill.