Pages

Monday, September 24, 2012

Peachy Salad


This is an end of summer and an end of peach season salad.  There were so many peaches at the farmers market towards the end of summer.   This is probably my last peach I can buy at the farmers market because its already apple season.  I love this salad and somehow I tend to put fruit in salads, such as my salad with blackberries recipe hereI think goat cheese or feta cheese would have been a nice addition if I had it.  I'm still enjoying the balsamic vinegar and olive oil gifts from my wonderful friends.  Enjoy this peachy salad and I'm looking forward to apple recipes soon!




Peachy Salad

Ingredients
1 peach, diced
1 bag salad mix (I used about ½ bag of spring mix.)
1 tablespoon sliced almonds, toasted
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar (I used LeRoux pomegranate balsamic vinegar.)
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil (I used Regusci California extra virgin olive oil.)
salt and pepper


Directions

In a bowl, add salad mix.


Top with peaches and almonds.


Drizzle with balsamic vinegar and olive oil.

Season with salt and pepper.